Playground Shade Sails
Shade Sails protect and shade you from the severe effects of the sun's heay & UV rays. Some areas of the world call them Sun Sails. They make a beautiful additions to your patio, backyard, or other outdoor areas. Flying Sails is the perfect alternative to a traditional pergola, umbrella...
Shade Sails protect and shade you from the severe effects of the sun's heay & UV rays. Some areas of the world call them Sun Sails. They make a beautiful additions to your patio, backyard, or other outdoor areas. Flying Sails is the perfect alternative to a traditional pergola, umbrella or covered porch. Floating and curvaceous, the make an attractive addition to any property, and with the right design, they can enhance the appeal of the entertaining outdoor areas..
Product Technical Specification
• Brand new in shipping packaging
• Dimensions: 26'x20'(Square) or 24'x24'(Square) or 20'x16'(Rectangle) or 18'x18'(Square) or 16.5'x16.5'(Square) or 13'x10'(Rectangle) or 11.5'x11.5'(Square)
• Color: Sand or Green or Red or blue
• Constructed of mesh nylon fabric
• Sail sun shade is the perfect accessory for backyard picnics on hot days
• Made from UV stabilized extra heavy fabric
• Nylon ropes may be looped around anchor points
• Includes tension mounted rings which are double stitched into the corners.
• Can simply be washed with regular soap and water
• Heavy duty design won't sag
• Simply hose clean
• Weather proof for all seasons
Just take a look at the following situations where shade sails can be used:
• Shade for your home, school playgrounds and business social areas.
• Perfect on your patio, in your garden or shade for picnic areas.
• Gives shade protection for children’s play areas, sandpits, climbing frames, etc.
• Excellent shade for pools, hot tubs and other areas where you relax.
• Outdoor kitchens, barbecues and dining areas.
• Sun protection for your garden furniture in sunny Spain.
• Commercial uses include bars, restaurants and public areas.
• Attractive shade for parks, car-ports and pet enclosures.
• Temporary shade for special events, e.g. outdoor gigs and shows.
• High strength, durable
• Any length & width
• UV stabilized
• Optimum shade factor
Technically designed for higher yield
1. Can I install it by myself and how long would it take?
This depends on the site, but in general two people could install a single Shade Sail in a couple of hours if the attachment points are already in place.
2. What do you fasten them to?
Shade Sails are easily attached to structures that provide a good firm fixing. This could be the wall of a house, a well built pergola, or wooden or metal posts concreted into the ground. For a temporary installation you can fasten them to trees or strong climbing frames.
3. What are they used for?
Sail Shades are designed to provide shade and shelter from the sun’s harmful rays. The sail cuts up to 99% of harmful UV rays and provides 15-20 degree temperature reduction - and a pleasant area to enjoy the outdoors. They are used by both residential and commercial applications to provide shade and a visually striking appearance. They can also provide privacy for patios and decks.
4. Are they waterproof?
Shade sails are designed to let the hot air out from under and allow wind to pass through so they are not fully waterproof.
5. How long should I keep the sail up?
Because the sails are UV stabilized and are very well constructed , the sails can be left in place and only taken down when extreme bad weather is forecasted. Each sail shade comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Please note that the warranty is not covered by damage caused by storms, hailstorm, hurricanes, fire, lightening, or damage done by birds, other animals or any form of vandalism or misuse.
6. How do I clean them?
A hose and soft brush is all that is recommended to clean your sail. Do not use a high pressure water device to clean your Shade Sails as it can damage the sails. Please note that harsh chemicals like bleach, or other chemicals containing sulphur, chlorine, and bromine can damage your sails by attacking the UV stabilisers within the sail shade, which can reduce the life of the product.
The Home-Teck Shade Sails come in a Triangle, Square and Right Angle shape. Custom shapes can be made
8. Do these shades protect from UV rays?
These shades are very effective at blocking 99% of the harmful UV rays from the sun.
9. Do we need permits to install these shades?
Planning permission is not normally necessary to erect these shades at a residence if the attachment points are already in place. If poles need to be installed, a call to your city permit department can confirm your specific requirements. For commercial installations, permits are normally required. Florida Shade Company can provide desgin and engineering services that include the appropriate permitting and licensing processes.
10. Do you do other sizes?
We can arrange a quote for custom sized Shade Sails. All you need to do is provide dimensions and shape and we can provide a custom quote. For multi-sail commercial installations, we recommend you request our design service. Custom Shade Sails also have additional color options